Timber TreatmentTimber Treatment encompasses all measures that are taken to ensure a long life of wood i.e. wood preservation. Timber treatment can extend the life of wood, timber, wood structures or engineered wood. These generally increase the durability and resistance from being destroyed by insects or fungus.
Woodworm is the common name given to the infestation of wood by the larval stage of wood-boring beetles.
Dry rot & wet rot refers to timber decay in buildings and other wooden structures caused by certain types of fungi.
Contact Tirconaill Damp Proofing for identification or all timber problems & for all timber treatment. Click below for more information on the identification of problems requiring timber treatment.
Our experts will :
- Examine all timber to identify the type of rot or woodworm requiring treatment.
- Find and eradicate the source or sources of dampness.
- Determine the full extent of infestations in the timber.
- Treat adjacent timber which will remain in-situ with Sovereign Clear Wood Preservative.
- Always use timber treated with Sovereign preservative for any replacement work.
And in addition for Dry Rot:
- Improve ventilation.
- Sterilise infected masonry and brickwork with Sovereign Fungicidal Wall Solution.